Of course, we’re talking about the shoulders. There aren’t many exercises that will allow you to put huge pressure on these particular muscles, which means it will take a lot more time to build them compared to other muscle groups.
That is, until you start doing the snatch press.
Combining For Size
The trick to the snatch press lies in the fact that this move combines the efficiency of shoulder pressing with the opportunity to add weight of the snatch.
That being said, utilizing this combo move will most certainly result in some impressive muscle growth on your shoulders – a trait not many other exercises possess.
Here are the steps:
- Stand and spread your feet slightly wider than shoulder width.
- Grab a dumbbell in one hand and bend your knees and hips until the weight is below your knees.
- While keeping your chest and back straight and forward, extend your hips in an explosive manner and pull the dumbbell up in front of your body.
- Stop the motion once the dumbbell is overhead. From there, turn your palm towards you and lower the dumbbell slowly to your shoulder.
- Return to starting position, swap hands, and do 10-15 reps in 3 sets.